Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Birthday

Here are some pictures of Ellie’s birthday. It is so crazy how much her looks change each day, but I can still see a lot of them in her first pictures from the hospital.

DSCN1721

DSCN1717

DSCN1739

DSCN1729

I consider myself to be very lucky to have had such an easy delivery. I arrived at the hospital at 11:00 AM and had Ellie just ten hours later. When I got there, I was only dilated to a 1! After walking the halls with Jimmy for about an hour, my contractions became so strong that I could no longer walk through them. The nurse checked me again and I was dilated to a 2. I opted for pain medication through my IV, as I wanted to keep walking a bit more and hold off on the epidural. I had a small allergic reaction to the pain medication, so we went ahead with the epidural. I have to say that it was the most painful part of my whole experience. About an hour later, the nurse came in and told me that I was now dilated to a 6. I told her to call the doctor in because I knew it wouldn’t be long. Twenty minutes later I begged her to come back and check me again, she seemed reluctant since she just checked me not long before, but I told her I knew it was time. She seemed surprised when she checked me to find that it was time to start pushing. I pushed for about ten minutes, then my doctor arrived. After two more sets of pushing, Ellie was here! I’m so glad I only had to push for 15 minutes. I really don’t see how some women can do it for two or three hours! Jimmy and Mollie were in the delivery room with me, and we were all so emotional. It was such a beautiful thing. I will never forget how I felt when little miss Ellie was put into my arms for the first time. I know now that there is no other love that can be compared to the love a mommy has for her baby girl. :)

DSCN1734 DSCN1736

No comments:

Post a Comment