Thursday, September 2, 2010

My First Quilt

I have always wanted to make a quilt. They are so pretty and can be kept for years to come. I have a sewing machine and plenty of time on the weekends to be able to finish one before Ellie gets here. I would love for her first gift from me to be a baby quilt :) After talking with Mom, we decided a log cabin quilt would be the best choice. Last weekend, I went and bought the material at JoAnn's Fabric in Jefferson City. Usually I am so indecisive when it comes to things like that, but after laying eyes on the beautiful aqua blue with red, orange, lime, and yellow floral, I knew that I had found my first "dark." I based my other colors off of that first print and was all finished in about ten minutes. At first I wasn't sure if the colors were too crazy, but after receiving compliments from other shoppers in the checkout line, I knew I had done a good job for my first time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment